Information We Automatically Collect
We and our third-party service providers may use such Usage Data for a variety of purposes including to diagnose problems with our servers and software, to administer the Services, to gather demographic information and to target advertising to you on the Services and elsewhere online. Accordingly, our third-party advertising networks and ad servers will also provide us with information, including reports that will tell us how many ads were presented and clicked on the Services in a manner that does not identify personally any specific individual. The Usage Data we collect is generally non-identifying, but if we specifically identify or associate it with you, we will treat it as Personal Data.
Information You Choose To Submit
Information We Receive From Other Sources
We may use the information we collect, including Personal Data and Usage Data:
- to enable you to use our Services, to create an account or profile, to process information you provide via our Services (including verifying that your email address is active and valid) and to process your transactions;
- to provide related customer service and care, including responding to your questions, complaints, or comments and sending surveys (with your consent) and processing survey responses;
- to fulfill paid subscription services and report back usage information to the subscribing corporation;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you have requested;
- with your consent, to provide you with information, products, or services that we otherwise believe will interest you, including special opportunities from us and our third-party partners;
- to tailor content, recommendations, and advertisements we and third parties display to you, both on the Services and elsewhere online;
- for internal business purposes, such as to improve our Services;
- to comply with regulatory and legal obligations; and
We may use and/or disclose your Personal Data or Usage Data for the following reasons:
- to contact you in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions;
- to contact you when otherwise necessary;
- for the specific purpose for which it was volunteered;
- to track our visitors’ use of the Services for internal market research;
- to improve our Web sites and the Services we promote or provide through the Web sites;
- to customize the content and/or layout of our Web sites for each individual visitor;
- to ask for your participation in brief surveys;
- to complete any purchases or other transactions you may perform through the Services;
- to notify visitors about updates to the Services;
- to be provided to third parties for the legitimate business purposes of those third parties;
- to generate aggregate statistical studies;
- as required by law or regulation, or as requested by government authorities, or for the protection of persons or property;
- in connection with an acquisition, merger, restructuring, sale or other transfer involving all or any portion of the business associated with the Services;
- to report usage information to the subscribing employer corporation to inform product development/content planning and technical plans related to server capacity or similar;
- for other legitimate business purposes.
We use reasonable security safeguards to protect the Personal Data that we collect from unauthorized access. Due to the nature of the Internet, however, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
Modifying and Deleting Your Personal Data
You may access the information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us using the details in the Contact Us section below. If you would like to update, correct, modify or delete from our database any Personal Data you previously submitted to us, please let us know by accessing and updating your profile. If you delete certain information you may not be able to order services in the future without re-submitting such information. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Also, please note that we will maintain Personal Data in our database whenever we are required to do so by law.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (for example, when you enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Data provided until after the completion of such promotion). We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
We have implemented commercially reasonable security measures to help protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, or unauthorized access or disclosure; unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your User Information, including Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its security. You use the Services and provide us with information at your own initiative and risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us using the details in the Contact Us section below.
The Services may contain links to other websites that we do not control, and the Services may contain videos, advertising and other content hosted and served by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third-party.
Sensitive Personal Data
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal data (for example, social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.