2017 BBB Retreat: Journey into Wonder
Join us Feb. 24-26, 2017 near Lincoln City
Hosted by BBB & Powered by Leaven:
Bra’s, Bibles & Brews (BBB) is an intergenerational, interfaith women’s group exploring spirituality through a feminist approach to Christian scripture and other sacred texts from many traditions. By feminist we mean that we intentionally enter into conversation and relationship, affirming and respecting all experiences. BBB is one of many Spiritual Circles offered by the Leaven Community. In addition to our discussion rounds in the spring and fall, each year BBB retreats to the coast to go deeper into our hearts, minds, bodies, and spirit while connecting with each other and nature. Whether you always come, haven’t been to BBB in a while or this is your first time, we welcome everyone!
Agenda: Coming soon!
What to Pack:
- Journal (one will be provided, but people may have a special, preferred one)
- Snacks to share, eg: peanut butter pretzels, cookies, chips (popcorn & fruit will be provided)
- BYOB alcohol or non-alcoholic beverages (tea & coffee will be provided)
- Headlamps or flashlights
- Medication, eg: allergy meds, & toiletries
- Lake/Beach-appropriate shoes and jacket
More about Lodging:
Cost is a sliding scale from $75 to $150. Actual weekend costs are $100/person and anything over enables scholarships for others.
Please email Kaitlyn Devlin (email@example.com) with the following info to inquire about or submit a request for scholarship funds:
- Your name
- Your connection to BBB or Leaven
- What speaks you about the retreat topic: "Journey into Wonder"?
- What you're hoping to get out of the retreat experience?
Change of Plans and Cancellation Policy:
We understand plans changes, especially in the winter months. In order to make sure we break even on costs and allow as many people to attend as possible, we request notification about change of plans or cancellation.
- Organizers need 72-hour notice (by end of day 2/20), if attendees need to modify plans relative to the weekend's schedule. Of course, if something comes up last minute, attendees will communicate with organizers as best they can.
- Organizers need at least a week's notice (by end of day 2/17) from anyone who can no longer attend, in order to offer a refund and contact someone on the waitlist. If anyone needs to cancel between 2/18 and 2/24, she will forgo the retreat fee, instead it will go toward the scholarship fund.
Register here starting Jan. 27, 2017
This is popular, so we use a ‘first come, first serve’ registration and cancellation policy. Scholarships available.
DOWNLOAD THE FLYER BELOW